Saturday, March 1, 2008

Akbar-Birbal..Introduction..!!.

I guess most of us have grown up listening to stories of Akbar-Birbal. Birbal- known as the wisest person, which the world had till date, was one of the "Nava Ratna" in Akbar's court. This thread would again contain short stories,but this time it would be "Problems-faced by Akbar". I won't be posting the "Solutions of Birbal", instead I would request you, to post your own Solutions to these problems...Lets see how many of us are really wise !!!!
It would take some time of yours,but it would be definately healthy for you as you would be required to rack your brain for the solution!I will post "Birbal's solution" & Moral , after a week of posting the Problem.
Well, before I start posting the problems, let me wirte few words about this great king.."Akbar". Till date I have found only three kings, after which the phrase "The Great" is used.
First one "Alexander-The Great"- An ancient Greek king, who died at a young age in his early 30's due to food poisioning.But....he conquered almost 90% of the world when he died.!!!
Second "Ashoka-The Great"- Ashoka means "without sorrow"- and his name truely depicted his personality as he was utter brave and brutal at battle fields, conquered almost the entire ancient Indian area and even made his mark beyond that. A Hindu by birth, who later adopted "Buddhism" after the battle of "Kalinga",which transfromed him completely(Just image such a king was changed by a small girl, hardly of 9 yrs- yes,this girl was the princess of Kalinga,but became queen as her parents died.She didn't give in to the threats of ashoka,which finally lead to the "Battle of Kalinga" and the rest is known to the world)!!
But one thing I didn't understand is that do we really need to adopt another religion or caste , if we want to change ourselves or do something worthy???One other great personality to change his religion was Baba Ambedker- who in his old days,almost on death bed, changed his religion !!(I never understand this logic of changing religion)
Coming to the third king: Akbar-The Great: A Mughal Emperor (The mughal army was know as the most brutal army in wars, you know some where I read, every soldier of a mughal army was given 5 horses during battles !!!- Gr8 resource utility). Akbar was only 13, when he was crowned as "king" . Though illeterate he has utmost respect for scholars, and encourged science & literature.He selected the best man from every field and formed - "Nava Ratna"- The Nine Jewels.He founded his own religious cult, the Din-i-Ilahi or the "Divine Faith";but after his death, even this religion vanished. (I hope it would have been implemented all over India, then India would had only one religion, and there would be no communal problems --But then our politicians would had a tough time in finding issues to befool people & again I don't understand why do people get befooled by these stunts of our politicians(May pe the so-called Netas are adept at making the best use of Indian Poverty!!!), I know I am going off-track but would write a beautiful saying, which I read somewhere in my school days..(sounds to be written by some defence person.)
Hey Parmaatma !!..Mere Desh ko bachaa
Hey Parmaatma !!..Mere Desh ko bachaa
Ish Desh ke dushmano se to hum khud hi nipat lenge
pur tu desh ko desh ke netaoo se bachaa le..!!
.........Coming back to Akbar,Birbal was the most famous among his "Nava Ratna's" & the most dearest to Akbar.(Their friendship is the best example of communal harmony..as Akbar was muslim and Birbal,a hindu.)
The introduction was bit lengthy......hmmmm
So, in the next post I would be posting the first problem faced my Akbar, and I request you all to free some time and provide the solutions..!!!

No comments: